- font size decrease font size increase font size
Despite the developments in conventional PCR, the complexity of multiplex Real Time PCR i s still limited due to the lack of sufficient detection channels. To achieve high-end multiplexing capacity on standard Real Time PCR machines, Anapa Biotech A/S has developed the MeltPlex® technology.
MeltPlex® utilizes a system of fluorescently labeled Taqman-type probes allowing each to be read out by subsequent melting curve analysis. 5 or more probes can be analyzed per fluorophore channel. By utilizing melting curve readout of modified probes – one for each target - the system adds an extra level of specificity to melting curve analysis as well as added multiplexing capacity. PCR reaction and melting analysis is performed without the need to re-open PCR reaction tubes.
MeltPlex® gives faster results at lower cost
- Achieve single tube PCR detection of 20+ targets
- Get more answers from a single, scarce sample eg. spinal fluid samples or biopsis
- Use existing Taqman target seqences
- Can support syndromic detection - vs single agent tests